The Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) will observe the 20th annual Take Back Day on Saturday, April 24, 2021.
Southeast Ohio residents can search for DEA Take Back Day events at www.takebackday.dea.gov. DEA event partners will collect tablets, capsules, patches, and other solid forms of prescription drugs from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Liquids (including intravenous solutions), syringes and other sharps, and illegal drugs will not be accepted.
The Athens-Hocking-Vinton Alcohol, Drug Addiction and Mental Health Services Board and the National Institute of Health’s HEALing Communities Study want to remind residents that there are options to safely dispose of prescription medications year-round.
The following locations accept prescription drug drop-offs during weekday business hours:
· Appalachian Behavioral Healthcare (at front door) - 100 Hospital Dr. Athens, OH 45701
· Athens County Sheriff’s Office - 13 W. Washington St. Athens, OH 45701
· Athens County Library branches (Patrons can ask for a Deterra drug disposal bag)
· CVS Pharmacy - 555 E State St, Athens, OH 45701
· Hocking County Sheriff’s Office - 25 E. Second St. Logan, OH 43138
· Nelsonville Police Department - 211 Lake Hope Dr. Nelsonville, OH 45764
· Vinton County Sheriff’s Office - 106 South Market St. McArthur, OH 45651
Learn more about the HEALing Communities Study’s work in Athens County at www.HealTogetherOH.org/Athens.
About the Athens-Hocking-Vinton 317 Board
The Athens-Hocking-Vinton Alcohol, Drug Addiction and Mental Health Board (317 Board) is one of 50 boards across Ohio that plan, fund, and evaluate a community-based system of care for individuals in need of behavioral health or substance use disorder recovery services. For more than 50 years, the 317 Board has ensured a quality, comprehensive network of care that includes prevention, treatment, and recovery services. Learn more at www.317Board.org.