We want your ideas!
The 317 Board invites current contract agencies, local non-profits, and partnering government agencies to submit ideas for projects that could improve behavioral health outcomes in Athens, Hocking, and Vinton counties. This information will be saved by the Board to match organizations with potential future grant opportunities.
Please note the following guidance:
- The Board is interested in a full range of potential projects—from small, one-time activities to larger, one-time or on-going projects.
- Completing the survey does not guarantee future funding.
- There is an increased interest in opportunities benefiting Hocking and Vinton counties.
- While the survey is set up for brief responses, being as specific as possible about the impact of your project idea on behavioral health will help our staff better match your organization with potential funding sources.
- Organizations may submit multiple project ideas. If an idea requires both one-time and on-going funding, separate surveys should be completed for each.
Form will close on Friday, June 9, at midnight
In 2022, the Voinovich School of Leadership and Public Service completed a community needs assessment process for the 317 Board. The process identified substance use, mental illness, and poverty as the most pressing problems in the board area. Lack of insurance coverage, lengthy wait times, lack of transportation, and lack of awareness were cited as barriers to accessing treatment. Areas for possible “actionable effort” included workforce development and retention, housing, increased communication, crisis services, services to youth and families, recovery, and family supports. This request for information serves as the next step in the board’s community planning process.
Please contact us at 740-593-3177 or fill out the form below with any questions. We will do our best to respond to all inquiries within one business day.