The Athens-Hocking-Vinton Alcohol, Drug Addiction and Mental Health Services “317” Board wrapped up its 21st annual Crisis Intervention Team (CIT) training on Friday, November 18. CIT aims to improve interactions between law enforcement and community members who are experiencing a mental health crisis. The training also helps first responders better work with individuals with developmental disabilities and features a module on officer self-care and wellness.
This year’s training graduated 25 first responders from the following agencies:
- Amesville Police Department
- Appalachian Behavioral Healthcare
- Athens City Police Department
- Athens County EMS
- Hocking County EMS
- Hocking County Sheriff’s Office
- Nelsonville Police Department
- OhioHealth O’Bleness
- Southeastern Ohio Regional Jail
- Vinton County Sheriff’s Office
The 317 Board extends a thank-you to all the individuals who volunteered time to make this year’s training possible.